Introducing: The pets behind the vets

Meet Macy

Christmas Foods to Avoid

Macy is an Airedale Terrier, who is almost five years old.

Her best trick is a classic – it’s where she pretends not to hear Dr Kevin’s call or instructions. That is, until the treats come out and then her ears are magically open!

Macy is relatively healthy aside from a sensitive stomach and allergies. Dr Kevin has to keep her diet relatively bland, despite her insistence that she would be fine with leftover lamb, otherwise she develops colitis (inflammation of her bowel) for a few days. Macy is also allergic to fleas, if she misses her monthly flea treatment the itching of her backside and licking of her feet becomes quite intense.

Macy’s favourite toy is a very squeaky and noisy rubber hedgehog. Dr Kevin has to keep a supply of them at home otherwise when she exhausts the squeak the fun is over!

Via:: Dr Kevin Pet Advice

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Pet Care

  • Registering your cat or dog helps in ensuring they can be located quickly if they ever go missing. When your pet reaches 12 weeks old, they must be registered. This process involves a microchip being implanted into your pet, as well as a tag that is sent to you after registration, to be put onto …
    Read More >
  • What is your New Year’s resolution? For many of us, it’s weight loss. While our personal health is incredibly important, it is not every day that we take our dog’s weight into consideration too. In fact, approximately 40% of dogs in Australia are overweight or obese, and many pet owners don’t even know it! Therefore, …
    Read More >
  • In December, our Bulleen vet sees a lot of patients with tummy upsets which can often be traced back to too many rich festive foods. Ideally, pets should not ever be fed processed foods as their stomachs have not evolved to digest them and so eating them often leads to diarrhoea and/or vomiting.   However, there …
    Read More >

Newsletter Signup